Wow! The month of October was packed full of fun and memorable events. Not only did we get to cheer on our boys in blue to their first championship in 30 years by going to the longest ever game 1 of the World Series, I think we completed nearly every item on my ‘festive family to-do list’:
- We celebrated our German heritage by going to Oktoberfest in Hermann, MO with a great group of friends. Hermann is a beautiful, quaint town by the Missouri River. We appreciated having a baby sitter so we could enjoy the wineries.
- There are so many great pumpkin patches in the Kansas City area, it was hard to decide which to go to. We finally chose a fundraiser pumpkin patch at Holy Cross Catholic Church in Overland Park, KS. Cecy loved riding in the red wagon with our pumpkins and we loved that our money went to a good cause.
- I made a pumpkin pie
- We hosted a Halloween brunch for Cecy’s first birthday which is coming up in November. We invited a few of my best friends who also have little girls. The girls ate pumpkin pancakes, danced to Monster Mash and looked adorable in their Halloween costumes. I think we might make this an annual tradition!
- We enjoyed autumn leaves while hiking in Colorado. Cecy also enjoyed stomping on the leaves (she is walking now!) at Leawood City Park in Leawood, KS. We were excited to find this park because the playground was built for toddlers.
- We missed the parade but enjoyed the festive atmosphere at BearFest Village for Missouri State University’s homecoming.
- We made a family photo book and I love how it turned out. I bought the personalized book from Lakeshore Learning.
I don’t see how we can beat the fun we had in October, buy we will try. My festive family to-do list this month includes:
- Visiting Central Park in New York
- Celebrating Cecy’s first birthday
- Partaking in Wild Turkey Wednesday
- Baking something with cranberries
- Focus on gratitude
- #OptOutside Black Friday